Xanax XR 3mg
What is Xanax XR?
Xanax XR is a prescription anti-anxiety medication belonging to the benzodiazepine class of drugs. This drug works by affecting the brain’s chemicals that might become unbalanced and cause a person to experience anxiety. The XR in Xanax XR stands for extended-release, which means it works for extended periods to provide long-term relief from anxiety and panic disorder.
If you suffer from panic or anxiety disorder symptoms, you can easily buy this drug and try it. Remember, this medicine is a controlled substance, which means you will require a doctor’s prescription if you want to purchase it from a pharmacy. But, if you need this medication urgently and cannot get a doctor’s prescription, you can order it online as many online pharmacies can let you buy Xanax XR online without a prescription.
Uses Of Xanax XR?
Xanax XR is a helpful medicine for people suffering from symptoms of anxiety and panic disorder. This medicine helps them feel relaxed and reduces stress and uneasiness that makes them anxious.
It is an extended-release formula of alprazolam, a benzodiazepine category medication that binds with GABA receptors in the brain to enhance GABA neurotransmitter functioning. GABA is responsible for transmitting messages between neurons, and by increasing its efficiency, this medicine clears the mind and reduces hyperactivity, and induces a feeling of calmness. Because it is the extended-release variant, it works for extended periods and provides prolonged relief to the patient.
Doctors recommend using this medicine only for short periods because prolonged use can make a person dependent on it. Usually, they prescribe it for a few weeks and keep anxiety under control in limited doses. If you plan to order Xanax XR online, try consulting a doctor to determine your condition’s best dosage and treatment period.
Dosage Of Xanax XR?
Consume this drug according to the doctor’s instructions or the medication guide you get with it. The effectiveness of the dose depends on various factors that a doctor considers before prescribing it. Factors like age, type of problem, the severity of the problem, etc. can alter how much this medicine you require to feel better. Try to stick to your doctor’s recommended dose to get this drug’s maximum benefits.
The typical Xanax XR dosage is as follows:
- Start with 3mg per day.
- Take it once a day.
- A doctor might increase the quantity to get the desired results.
- Don’t consume more than 6mg in a single day.
Xanax XR dosage
The usual adult dosage of Xanax XR for panic disorder:
- The initial dose should range from 0.5 mg to 1 mg orally one time a day.
- The maintenance amount must range from Xanax XR 3 mg to 6 mg orally every day, preferably in the morning.
- The maximum quantity of this drug should not exceed 10 mg a day.
The usual initial geriatric dosage of Xanax XR for panic disorder is 0.5 mg orally once a day.
Precautions with Xanax XR?
Often people buy Xanax XR online and start using it without taking proper precautions and end up facing its side effects. The following is some essential information you must be aware of if you plan to use this medicine.
- Avoid consuming this medicine if you are allergic to alprazolam or other benzodiazepines.
- This medicine’s prolonged use can make you addicted to it, make sure to only take it for the duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid using more than the prescribed quantity, as this drug’s overdose can be fatal.
- When it’s time to stop the treatment, ask the doctor to taper off the dosage gradually, suddenly discontinuing the usage can result in severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Avoid using this medicine without a doctor’s recommendation if you have medical conditions like glaucoma, liver or kidney disease, or breathing problems.
- Alcohol can increase this drug’s side effects. Avoid consuming intoxicating substances while using this medicine.
- Doctors advise against using this medicine during pregnancy, as it can harm an unborn baby.
- It can also pass into infants through breastmilk and cause adverse health effects, so avoid consuming this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Side effects Of Xanax XR?
Though you follow all of your doctor’s guidelines, you might still face this drug’s adverse effects. While the chances of getting extreme symptoms are rare, but mild symptoms can occur. These undesirable effects are not intense enough to cause any permanent damage. Usually, they don’t require any treatment, but it would help if you inform the doctor about any adverse effects you encounter while using this medicine.
If you order Xanax XR online and use it without consulting with a doctor, your risk of getting its severe side effects is higher. Severe symptoms require immediate medical attention, so if you face any, call 911 right away.
Common side effects
- Blurred vision
- Trouble concentrating
- Muscle weakness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased sweating
- Stuffy nose
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Loss of interest in sex
- Weight loss or gain
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Memory problem
Severe side effects
- Suicidal thoughts
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Abnormal heart rate
- Chest pain
- Urination problems
Things to do before taking Xanax XR 3 mg
Before taking this medicine, ensure to share your medical history with the medical healthcare provider, especially if you have ever had breathing problems, kidney or liver disease; drug or alcohol addiction; or mood problems, depression, suicidal thoughts, or behavior.
Before taking Xanax XR, you should tell your doctor if you are pregnant. Using this drug during gestation can lead to the birth of your baby with life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Avoid Xanax during pregnancy as it can make your baby dependent on medical treatment for several weeks.
Before taking this drug, know about how to store it. Xanax XR is a federally controlled medication (C-IV) as one can be abused or lead to physical or psychological dependence. So, please keep your medicine bottle in a safe place to prevent misuse or abuse. Also, tell your medical healthcare provider if you have abused or been addicted to alcohol, prescription medications, or street drugs.
How to take Xanax XR 3 mg?
You should take a potent drug like Xanax XR 3 mg only as per the directions of your medical healthcare provider. Following the instructions on the prescription label and taking this medication properly save you from the risk of side effects.
It would help if you swallowed the whole Xanax XR extended-release capsule rather than crushing, breaking, or chewing it. Call your medical healthcare provider right away if there is no improvement in your medical condition or it gets worse.
Do not stop taking Xanax XR 3 mg without consulting your health expert. You may experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, especially if you discontinue treatment after taking it in high doses for an extended period.